If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 51 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rarindra Prakarsa Effect - Workflow and Sharing Thread

Hi
    here is the rough workflow of Rarindra Parkarasa found it on some other forum for those who want to see his pics hers the site
    http://photo.net/photos/rarindra

i am a newbie here and could not replicate the effect if some 1 can explain it in easy steps the will be great

Here are the 8 steps that were published:

1) If you're converting from RAW, choose a warm toned WB before heading into Photoshop.
    2) Use your favorite selection method to select your subjects, and save your selection to be used later. With the figures selected, make a new levels adjustment layer. don't adjust it-just click OK, then switch the blend mode to soft light, and lower the opacity to 50%
    3) Make a new solid color fill layer. Choose Color: None, and click OK. In the color-chooser, fill in the values R84, G66, B4. Click OK, then switch the blend mode to Hue.
    4) Make a selective color adjustment layer. Choose Colors: Neutrals, and set yellow at 39% and cyan to -8%.
    5) Make a new color balance adjustment layer. Set midtones to 0 -7 and -13. Then select the highlights and set them to 0, 0, and -3.
    6) Make another levels adjustment layer. choose the blue channel, and change the output level to 200 from 255.
    7) Make a new blank layer and load the selections of your figures. Fill the selections with black, change the blend mode to Coor, and dial your opacity down to 50%. This will let your figures pop out from the golden background.
    8) If the intensity of the gold tone is overpowering, just lower the opacity of your adjustment layers until your picture seems natural enough.

i guess itz too much for a newbie like me

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rarindra Prakarsa effect

Quote Originally Posted by kulyadi girish pai View Post
    Hi
    here is the rough workflow of Rarindra Parkarasa found it on some other forum for those who want to see his pics hers the site
    http://photo.net/photos/rarindra

i am a newbie here and could not replicate the effect if some 1 can explain it in easy steps the will be great

Here are the 8 steps that were published:

1) If you're converting from RAW, choose a warm toned WB before heading into Photoshop.
    2) Use your favorite selection method to select your subjects, and save your selection to be used later. With the figures selected, make a new levels adjustment layer. don't adjust it-just click OK, then switch the blend mode to soft light, and lower the opacity to 50%
    3) Make a new solid color fill layer. Choose Color: None, and click OK. In the color-chooser, fill in the values R84, G66, B4. Click OK, then switch the blend mode to Hue.
    4) Make a selective color adjustment layer. Choose Colors: Neutrals, and set yellow at 39% and cyan to -8%.
    5) Make a new color balance adjustment layer. Set midtones to 0 -7 and -13. Then select the highlights and set them to 0, 0, and -3.
    6) Make another levels adjustment layer. choose the blue channel, and change the output level to 200 from 255.
    7) Make a new blank layer and load the selections of your figures. Fill the selections with black, change the blend mode to Coor, and dial your opacity down to 50%. This will let your figures pop out from the golden background.
    8) If the intensity of the gold tone is overpowering, just lower the opacity of your adjustment layers until your picture seems natural enough.

i guess itz too much for a newbie like me

Thanks for sharing...I have been an AVID fan of Rarindra Prakarsa. Is there more. Thanks
    My DSLR is still essential but I have to admit, sometimes it's losing the battle with my LX3

Equipment: Nikon D300S...with numerous cheap "generic" lenses...but I have photoshop!...hehehe

You are a "technician" and not an "artist"...if you are always fuzzy about your equipment and not your "output"!

C'mon lets face it...almost all photos posted in this forum were altered, sharpened or tweaked in some other way!

www.diegodanila.multiply.com

Post Thanks / Like

juss add some rays thts it....
    post some pics with this effect plz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kulyadi girish pai View Post
    juss add some rays thts it....
    post some pics with this effect plz
    Yah UR right...it was always a mystery to me that almost all his works has rays of sunlight peeping thru the clouds or mists! But it was very nice rendition of his works. I really like his works!
    My DSLR is still essential but I have to admit, sometimes it's losing the battle with my LX3

Equipment: Nikon D300S...with numerous cheap "generic" lenses...but I have photoshop!...hehehe

You are a "technician" and not an "artist"...if you are always fuzzy about your equipment and not your "output"!

C'mon lets face it...almost all photos posted in this forum were altered, sharpened or tweaked in some other way!

www.diegodanila.multiply.com

Post Thanks / Like

okay... my try...

Post Thanks / Like

how do you make the sun rays in photoshop???

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics but i dont think his effect will work on close up potraits another intresting thing about his photography is he mostly likes to shoot kids if u have any pics like kids playing in feild i bet this effect will look great on thm anything which is not too close

i really dont know wht kind of technique he uses for RAYS but i can give u a rough idea u can find better tutorial on net mayb this link will help you

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=24972177

thank you

Post Thanks / Like

does these count?....i did something similar before....

Post Thanks / Like

i just Dodge the part to be brighten....hehhehehe...one more from my Baul...

Last edited by Chris Palma; 07-27-2008 at 01:18 AM.