If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: value for money

Post Thanks / Like

value for money

hi guys, i would just like to get opinions regarding the canon 30D, 20D and 350D.
    i'm a happy owner of a 350D but i've been thinking if i should switch to 30D. i just came from hidalgo earlier today, 30D's price range was 60-66k for the body only.
    350D's at 39k with the kit.

i was just wondering what makes the 30D stand out besides the fact that it's the latest among the three? i heard from people (i've read some reviews as well) that it's advantages from the 20D and 350D are not that far off. yes, it has a more robust body; bigger LCD at 2.5; 9-point AF points; new features and it's faster at 5fps. but those changes are quite minor raw whe compared even to the 350D. even the megapixels are almost the same. the biggest difference for me is the shutter actuations (they say 20D and 30D have 100,000+ compared to 350D's 50,000+). but they also say that you could have it fixed for less than 10 gran? (around 4k daw) not that bad if you're considering the around-20k++ difference in terms of price tag.

most of these info i just heard from people who sell and some users as well.

so my problem is... should i make the switch? or should i hold on to my hard-saved allowance money and stay with the 350D until something with a "better" upgrade comes along? well you guys may find this post a bit off (what i mean is parang ang laki ng problema ko..) but forgive me for i'm still quite the newbie and i look upto you guys since most of you here are experts and professionals in the field. i would love to hear from you guys. i believe that a lot of you have adequate knowledge regarding this. i'm just a beginner with high hopes..

thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

well it all depends

I am certain the 30D has the least noise at higher ISO than any of the other models you list. Reports have it practically noise free at ISO 800. If you print your images, this wil be of utmost importance to you. I say go for the 30D or

.......wait for Photokina this coming September. This is the most important and largest photography show in the world. Odds are in favor of Canon launching new models there which will probably mean a December release here. Will they replace the 350D? Most likely.

Post Thanks / Like
    hold on to your money. 350D is an excellent camera. buy the 30D if you need spot metering, picture styles.
    There's no light to guide on my way home. There's no time to shine my rusty halo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi.
    If I were you, I would work with what I have first. Improve my craft and later on down the road when you get to realize what your "needs" are instead of your "wants" then you can decide whether you need to upgrade to a 30d, 5d or a Mark 3 perhaps? Also, if I were you, I would prioritize on investing on the best lenses you can afford. For me image quality is more about the lens than the body. ( although ideally best body and best lens is the best cmbination)
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks ma'am pilar and sir nino! your feedback really helped.. appreciate it

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by john_javellana
    hi guys, i would just like to get opinions regarding the canon 30D, 20D and 350D.
    i'm a happy owner of a 350D but i've been thinking if i should switch to 30D. i just came from hidalgo earlier today, 30D's price range was 60-66k for the body only.
    350D's at 39k with the kit.

i was just wondering what makes the 30D stand out besides the fact that it's the latest among the three? i heard from people (i've read some reviews as well) that it's advantages from the 20D and 350D are not that far off. yes, it has a more robust body; bigger LCD at 2.5; 9-point AF points; new features and it's faster at 5fps. but those changes are quite minor raw whe compared even to the 350D. even the megapixels are almost the same. the biggest difference for me is the shutter actuations (they say 20D and 30D have 100,000+ compared to 350D's 50,000+). but they also say that you could have it fixed for less than 10 gran? (around 4k daw) not that bad if you're considering the around-20k++ difference in terms of price tag.

most of these info i just heard from people who sell and some users as well.

so my problem is... should i make the switch? or should i hold on to my hard-saved allowance money and stay with the 350D until something with a "better" upgrade comes along? well you guys may find this post a bit off (what i mean is parang ang laki ng problema ko..) but forgive me for i'm still quite the newbie and i look upto you guys since most of you here are experts and professionals in the field. i would love to hear from you guys. i believe that a lot of you have adequate knowledge regarding this. i'm just a beginner with high hopes..

thanks guys!
    In my opinion, if you are not using your DSLR for business (shooting for weddings, news, etc...) just hold-on to your 350D.

Post Thanks / Like
    Invest on L lenses instead of trying to catch up with the bodies. Bodies depreciate good lenses dont.

Cheers!
    “If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.” With everything in life there is a price you have to pay, you'll loose everything you ever had, everyone you ever loved, and wake up one day realizing that you have to start everything from scratch, have bloody migraines and fucking memory lapses!

Post Thanks / Like
    i'd like to throw in this question....

should i then upgrade to a 350d since i'm still usng a 300d?

purely a hobbyist...thanks a lot!
    Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hochi_abaya
    i'd like to throw in this question....

should i then upgrade to a 350d since i'm still usng a 300d?

purely a hobbyist...thanks a lot!
    hochi, happy to find you here. Are you having a problem with the 300d? Otherwise I think it's best to master what you've got. The 300d is a very capable camera.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bert dalusung
    hochi, happy to find you here. Are you having a problem with the 300d? Otherwise I think it's best to master what you've got. The 300d is a very capable camera.
    hi bert! no problems with the 300d, just thinking that i've been passed on already...but i love it - it was actually a gift so no money off my wallet
    Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.