If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reverse Lens Macro Test Shots

Quote Originally Posted by jpcruz View Post
    i have nikkor 18-105+ male to male macro reverse coupler + 50mm 1.8 to (infinity)..i did not work for me =(
    07-31-2011

@jpcruz

What do you mean by ")..i did not work for me =(" ?

What happened, exactly?

benrose

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benrose View Post
    07-31-2011

@jpcruz

What do you mean by ")..i did not work for me =(" ?

What happened, exactly?

benrose
    I also got a reversing ring for my 18-105mm kit lens (D90) and I made sure that the aperture is open but I cannot focus on anything at all whether I zoom in and out and use that manual focusing.

I found this answer in Yahoo Answers and I dunno if this one is true.

"Reversing rings are made for prime lenses and much shorter than 105 mm

The only Nikon reversing rings are either the BR2a (52 mm thread) ad additional BR5 (62 mm thread)

These accessories are designed for use with normal and wide angle prime lenses."

Post Thanks / Like

try using it with your kit lens. 18-55 , it works there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Cano View Post
    I also got a reversing ring for my 18-105mm kit lens (D90) and I made sure that the aperture is open but I cannot focus on anything at all whether I zoom in and out and use that manual focusing.

I found this answer in Yahoo Answers and I dunno if this one is true.

"Reversing rings are made for prime lenses and much shorter than 105 mm

The only Nikon reversing rings are either the BR2a (52 mm thread) ad additional BR5 (62 mm thread)

These accessories are designed for use with normal and wide angle prime lenses."
    05-01-2012

@Vic Cano

Try setting your lens focal length at 50mm, aperture wide open and manual focusing.

Make sure that the aperture stays wide open (to pass more light), because the aperture may tend to revert to its smallest opening when reversed.

Focusing may be attained at a distance of a few centimeters.

Move the camera back and forth and little by little, because the depth of field is only a few millimeters.

You may find many reversed-lens macro enthusiasts in the following thread:
    photo-MACRO-graphy
    htt
    p://digitalphotographer.com.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=7189

The toothpick-method of keeping the aperture open is also described in this thread.

Have a lot of patience.

Cheers!

benrose

Post Thanks / Like

I too had problems shooting macro using un-expensive lens alternatives like a macro extension tube. Until I learned not to use focal lengths below 50mm, and have a working distance of about 2-3 inches (lens tip and subject distance).

@Vic, maybe you should try that.

Also, in my personal opinion, using an extension tube is more convenient, and safer, than using reverse rings. Exposing the rear elements of my lens is not really a comfortable setup for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Day Sir! I'm a newbie here and I am so thankful that there is a great forum about photography like this one. I learned a lot just only reading your conversations for every topic about digital photography.

I went to Hidalgo a couple of days ago and canvassed for macro extension tubes. Luckily Mang Ramon was there and asked me if what kind of lens do I have. I said that I only have my kit lens (EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS). He then told me that it will be difficult to use that lens together with the macro extension tubes. I would like to know if this is true?