If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EB expectations

Super Moderator Princess Jarlyn Young's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

EB expectations

Hi there guys!

just thought of doing this thread to see/ hear what your expectations are of an EB.. just wondering.. probably next time, we can do what you expect/ suggest in the EB's that you would be attending.. who knows.

so list them down.
    cez jarlyn young

"... art can heal, give confidence, and provide a voice." Maurice Henri on Cameras for Healing project on Sierra Leone

Post Thanks / Like

Re: EB expectations

lots of SHOOTING...SHOOTING...SHOOTING!!!

Can we also organize an EB for a photoshop tutorials???
    My DSLR is still essential but I have to admit, sometimes it's losing the battle with my LX3

Equipment: Nikon D300S...with numerous cheap "generic" lenses...but I have photoshop!...hehehe

You are a "technician" and not an "artist"...if you are always fuzzy about your equipment and not your "output"!

C'mon lets face it...almost all photos posted in this forum were altered, sharpened or tweaked in some other way!

www.diegodanila.multiply.com

Post Thanks / Like

It would be great to have some photographers give short lectures on their areas of expertise.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to play with everyones gear. Hmmm, that didn't sound quite right. Let me try again...

It would be great if Members / Canon / Nikon could sponsor an EB and provide all the exotic lenses, accessories, etc so that we can "test" out the gear before we buy them.

Or another idea is to have a EB Tiangge. Since we're not allowed to post items for sale maybe during this type of EB we could bring our gears for sale or trade.
    CUNDH2O
    <')///><

Post Thanks / Like

To Meet Beautiful Models! hahahaha.......Lots of Shoots!...

Post Thanks / Like

I think there should be a constructive CC, assessment or whatever you call that after the EB. I find it unfortunate that after an EB, people will just post their shots and everyone else will just say "oh nice shots.... galeng... ganda ng model, here's my share" , etc. when in fact they're not (read: not a nice shot, awkward poses, not-so-good-looking models supposedly for glamour/fashion shots (without a hint of modelling potential, sorry)). I'm also guilty of this crime, hehehe.

I think, more than just the enjoyment of spending time with fellow photographers, learning should be a primary objective in EBs... and what better way to learn than by commenting objectively and constructively on our photos.

Just my 1 cent worth... hehehe.

ciao!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Edilbert.

One way to enhance our skills and knowledge is when someone or somebody would honestly point out the things that need improvement in each of our images [let's say three from each member].

However, it is also taken cared of by the DPP magazine, but during EB's could be a different one.

Part of the EB that should not be missed out is the getting-to-know-each-other portion.
    A lecture on certain subject of interest is always a much expected part of the EB for learning purposes.
    Proverbs 27:2
    -------------------------------
    Multiply | Flickr | Wedding Blog
    ===
    ... when you want it passionate, candid and classic.

Post Thanks / Like

EB is supposed to be sharing of knowledge and not payabagan ng gear... it would be meaningfull to all members if we learn something from that EB.

Post Thanks / Like

Camaraderie

DPP Member Cezar H. Zarate, Jr.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Photography lectures
    Shoot! shot and shoot!