If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0802/08...tamron1024.asp

Available for Pentax of course.

The news is over a week old, but it hasn't been talked about around these parts yet.

I've been seriously considering an ultra-wide angle lens to be my next lens... maybe by sometime in the middle of the year or by christmas (if I can wait that long. hehe).

So far, the Sigma 10-20 has been the frontrunner out of all my considerations, but word of this lens really made me hold my horses a little bit.

An extra 4mm on the long angle and half a stop faster... Would you guys get excited over this and wait rather than jump on the 10-20?

The news on release date and price is very shady so little else is known about this other than it's under development...

Maybe I could jump on the Sigma by mid-year and then sell it eventually when the Tamron 10-24 comes along :p Hehe.
    Pentax K100D | Pentax DA 40mm F2.8 Limited | Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DG HSM DC
    photobucket | multiply | flickr | blog

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5

Quote Originally Posted by paoloquiazon View Post
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0802/08...tamron1024.asp

Available for Pentax of course.

The news is over a week old, but it hasn't been talked about around these parts yet.

I've been seriously considering an ultra-wide angle lens to be my next lens... maybe by sometime in the middle of the year or by christmas (if I can wait that long. hehe).

So far, the Sigma 10-20 has been the frontrunner out of all my considerations, but word of this lens really made me hold my horses a little bit.

An extra 4mm on the long angle and half a stop faster... Would you guys get excited over this and wait rather than jump on the 10-20?

The news on release date and price is very shady so little else is known about this other than it's under development...

Maybe I could jump on the Sigma by mid-year and then sell it eventually when the Tamron 10-24 comes along :p Hehe.
    Cool, Pao give the Sigma to me if that's the case!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jay2Cenon_Tarun View Post
    Cool, Pao SELL the Sigma to me if that's the case!
    fixed. hehehe.

Post Thanks / Like

ahahahah.. price super dropped

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't wait and so have gotten the Sigma 10-20... it's a great performer. Or I probably just gotten hold of a good sample hehehe... but overall, a nice lens... IF the Tamron does come out, and has better IQ (aside from the speed and the added 4mm)...I just might sell the Sigma and get myself a Tammy too!

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.digitalphotographer.com.p...ad.php?t=11709

Don't hold your breath. Tamron is notorious for delays as much as any other lens maker. I'm thinking of getting the Sigma and dumping it once the mythical DA*11-16 comes into light. *crossing fingers* Photokina 2008! Asa! (trans= ISO)
    www.randallcipriano.com | rn.dll error

I am not a photographer. Fuji Instax Mini.

Post Thanks / Like

will it be available in the Philippines?knowing that dealers here always prioritize Canon and Nikon users
    http://victorvesuna.blogspot.com/http://victorvesuna.multiply.com/photosProfessional website : vivesimages.multiply.comPentax K5Panasonic Lumix GX1 20mm 1.7 14mm 2.5 14-45 Mega OIS 14-42 GX vario Oly 45mm 1.8 Panasonic Leica Elmarit 45 mm 2.8 Macro(note this is not a camera store)

Post Thanks / Like

@jay: napaguusapan naman yan eh. hehe. we'll cross the bridge if and when we get there ;)

@franz: Way to go Franz, that's how it's looking for me down the road as well. Post some pics taken with your 10-20 if you got the time ^_^

@randall: Yeah, I read that too somewhere... in one of the other forums. I don't remember if it was the same lens as the one the link you posted, but they cited as a sample one lens that was announced last march and just became available around this time of the year. If we're going with that, then the 10-24 might be out around christmas time at best.

@victor: yeah, i'm wondering the same thing too. do the stores here that carry sigma products here (like JTphoto for example) have them all for canon, nikon and pentax alike? if that's the case, then i'm hopeful that the 10-24 will eventually be available here.

Super Moderator adrianrodriguez's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

for me it's either I get my gear from: The USofA, HK or Singapore
    There are now three things I carry...
    Sony Alpha SLT A77 16-50 f/2.8
    WE Sig 226 GBB
    JG HK 416 CQB DEVGRU EBB

Blogging Sites / Social Sites
    Gaming/Gadget Blog | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Any news on this lens guys? I wonder how it compares to the DA 12-24.

Opethian.com | About | PPG | G+ | Twitter
    Pentax K5 | DA 18-55 WR | DA 55-300 | DA 35 2.4 | M 50 1.7
    The Zeitgeist Movement | The Venus Project | The Greatest Geek Who Ever Lived