If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Post Thanks / Like

2007 Photographer of the Year: Gina Meneses

Excerpts from: http://www.mb.com.ph/PIPE20080103113234.html

Gina Meneses

"The Photographer of the Year Award is given by the Federation of the Philippine Photographers Foundation (FPPF) to the photographer who, at the end of the year, posts the highest cumulative score from the monthly and On-the-Spot (OTS) photo contests. "

"... Gina won the 1st and 2nd place awards, and another one of her entries was also a finalist."

""At the end of the judging, people were just surprised to find out that the winning photos were mine. Why – I’ve been inactive in the last six years, and if I were joining the FPPF contests, not too many noticed because in the rare times that I joined, I wasn’t really winning the top awards or I simply just wasn’t winning," recalls Gina."

""I still cringe in embarrassment when friends tease me about the title. And to think that I have yet to receive the award," says Gina. The Photographer of the Year award is given at the Photographers’ Fellowship Night of the annual Photoworld Congress. It is scheduled on January 31 to February 5, 2008 in Glorietta and Asian Institute of Management in Makati City."

Wow, to think that photography is NOT Gina's source of livelihood. I have never had the chance to make Gina's acquaintance, but her story serves as an inpiration to many a budding/hobbyist/amateur photographer (like yours truly).

Congrats, Gina!!!!
    Last edited by danpagulayan; 01-03-2008 at 05:31 PM.
    Know Christ and Make Him Known

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2007 Photographer of the Year: Gina Meneses

Nice! Nakaka-inspire nga.

Post Thanks / Like

Any DPPer who knows her? Hmmm, let's see if we can get her to do a workshop or inspirational talk (for free), as part of an EB...
    Know Christ and Make Him Known

Post Thanks / Like

Gina is a long time acquaintance and a good friend, she's indeed so humble and you'll hardly notice her among the crowd of photogs during shoots if you don't know her. This is a good year for her along with her buddy Rose Razon (who was also featured in Bulletin's Picture Perfect - Gina was the latest featured in Picture Perfect - just last wednesday) specially with the on-the-spot FPPF contests. If anyone wants to invite her to be a resource person, just pm me and I can try to contact her for you.